The MSc “Reproductive-Regenerative Medicine” starts in the winter semester of each academic year.
To obtain a diploma of MSc a total of ninety (90) credits (ECTS) are required. All courses are taught weekly and, as the case may be, include lectures or laboratory exercises.
The language of teaching and writing of the master’s thesis is Greek.
During their studies, postgraduate students are required to attend and pass postgraduate courses and prepare a postgraduate thesis.
The preparation of the diploma thesis is carried out in the 3rd semester of studies and is credited with twenty (20) ECTS.
Courses are taught live or remotely, in accordance with current legislation.
|Required Courses||ECTS||Hours/per week|
|Anatomy and Physiology of the Reproductive Tract||5||3.5|
|Pathology of the Reproductive Tract||5||3.5|
|Molecular Reproductive Medicine||5||3.5|
|Gametogenesis and Preimplantation Diagnosis||5||3.5|
|Endocrinology of Pregnancy-Fetal Development||5||3.5|
|Application of Computers and Statistics in modern research||5||3.5|
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Reproductive Tract (5 ECTS): Anatomy of the reproductive tract, physiology of folliculogenesis, ovarian cycle (neuroendocrine regulation of the ovarian cycle), fertilization, implantation-placentination, physiology of early embryonic development, steroidogenesis, embryology of the reproductive tract, menopause, adolescent development , perimenopause and reproduction, stem cell physiology
- Pathology of the Reproductive Tract (5 ECTS): Hyperprolactinemia and reproduction, obesity and reproduction, thyroid disease and reproduction, other endocrinopathy and reproduction, polycystic ovary syndrome, DM and reproduction, onset of puberty, physiology and pathology, multiple pregnancy
- Molecular Reproductive Medicine (5 ECTS): Flow of genetic information, Mutations and polymorphisms, Genetic markers, Signal transduction, Signal transduction II, Gene expression, Gene expression in development, Methylation-RNAi-Circadian rhythms, Cell cycle, TUNNEL-ELISA , DNA-RNA Isolation, PCR, Real-TimePCR, Cell Cultures, Microarrays.
- Gametogenesis and Preimplantation Diagnosis (5ECTS): Follicular Gametogenesis, Fertilization and Early Embryonic Development, Spermatogenesis, Development of Premature Follicles in the Laboratory, Human Embryo Development, Preimplantation Diagnosis of Chromosomal Abnormalities, Teratogenesis
- Endocrinology of Pregnancy-Fetal Development (5ECTS): Systematic reviews and reviews are taught, endocrine diseases and reproduction, congenital anomalies of the reproductive system – bisexuality and fertility, ontogeny of the reproductive system in the CKD individual, reproductive health sex life program, preterm birth, fetal anemia
- Application of Computers and Statistics in modern research (5 ECTS): Investigation of a scientific question-selection of a scientific topic-authenticity, literature search-familiarity with electronic databases, research-types of studies, experimental (basic and translational) research- selection of experimental model – search for resources, clinical research – selection of sample type and number, methodology – protocol writing (PICOS), methodology – common types of errors (bias), methodology – subgroup analysis – sensitivity analysis – study heterogeneity, statistical analysis data types and descriptive statistics, statistical analysis parametric/non-parametric methods, statistical analysis, logistic and linear regression, statistical analysis, survival analysis, segmented research writing, publishing research writing-pitfalls, clinical research-clinical trials, EOF-licensing.
|Required Courses||ECTS||Hours/per week|
|Infertility and Assisted Reproduction||5||3.5|
|In Vitro Fertilization Methodology||5||3.5|
|Prenatal testing and diagnosis||4||2.5|
|Modern developments in Human Reproduction||4||2.5|
- Reproductive Endocrinology (5 ECTS): Ovulation disorders, structure and receptors of hypothalamic axis hormones, CRH and reproduction, FSH polymorphisms and their applications in reproduction, steroid hormone receptors, hypothalamic GnRH hormone, protocols ovulation induction, breast and reproduction and gynecological ultrasound in reproduction.
- Infertility and Assisted Reproduction (5 ECTS): Infertility and FSH, estradiol, LH, prolactin, TSH, monthly miscarriages (investigation, laboratory testing, treatment), biomarkers of ectopic pregnancy, autoimmune diseases and reproduction, male factor.
- In Vitro Fertilization Methodology (5 ECTS): in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure, microinsemination (ICSI), egg donation, prenatal screening for monogenic diseases, egg cryopreservation, embryo cryopreservation, ovarian tissue cryopreservation, testicular tissue cryopreservation, culture materials.
- Prenatal testing and diagnosis (4 ECTS): first trimester prenatal testing, second trimester prenatal testing, amniocentesis, fetal chromosomal testing, monogenic fetal diseases, intrauterine evaluation of the fetus, ultrasound of fetal organs, twin feto-uterine transfusion syndrome.
- Regenerative Medicine (7 ECTS): Stem cells and reproduction, IVF LAB FOLLOW UP, stem cells and breast, stem cells and urinary system, orthopedic problems and fetal cells, stem cells from gametes, stem cell culture in the laboratory.
- Modern developments in Human Reproduction (4 ECTS): child health after IVF, endometriosis and IVF, advanced endometriosis and IVF, fertility preservation in gynecological cancer and breast cancer, fertility preservation in rheumatic diseases, fertility preservation before radiotherapy or chemotherapy in the other diseases, ovulation induction protocols in fertility preservation, hyalinization for cryo-freezing, newer data in stem cells and reproduction, prenatal diagnostic testing (PGT, NGS).
In the third semester, students attend and train in cell cultures, reproduction in the regenerative medicine laboratory, as well as in the IVF laboratory and the molecular biology laboratory. They also attend the outpatient clinics of IVF, regular abortions, gynecological endocrinology, pediatric gynecology and menopause.